What is Chronicle Engine?
Chronicle Engine is a high performance, low latency, access gateway library. It can be used to control and manage access to your data and your services across a cluster of machines. In microservices terms, it is an API Gateway. Chronicle Engine runs embedded as an existing system, and as a container for the most performance critical part of your server application.
Chronicle Engine provides:
- managed thread pools for processing events
- persisted and distributed queues and maps
- clustered configuration
Chronicle Engine can handle millions of events per second; with latencies of around one microsecond on a single machine, and below 25 microseconds across multiple machines.
Chronicle Queue Features
- Low latency, durable, interprocess communication (IPC)
- No data loss; stores every value instead of replacing them
- No GC as everything is done off-heap
- Persistence to disk through memory mapped files
- IPC between Java processes or between threads in a Java process
- Simple API for ease of use
- Replay-ability of all your inputs and outputs
- Concurrent writers across processes on the same machine
- Concurrent readers across machines on your network using TCP replication
- Embedded performance in all processes
- All data stored off-heap, to reduce GC impact
- Data is written synchronously to ensure no data is lost
- Data is read less than a microsecond after it is written
Chronicle Engine: Common Use Cases
There are many ways in which Chronicle Engine can be put to use. We've tried to bring to life some common ways in which your business can use the powerful Chronicle Engine.
Get a Free Chronicle Queue Demo
To see Chronicle Queue in action – run this demonstration on your machine. Download the chronicle-demo.jar (executable jar). The jar should be launched with Java 1.7+.
Double click to launch or use the command line java -jar chronicle-demo.jar.
See the benefits of Chronicle's products in action
At Chronicle, we believe less is more. Learn more about why and how Chronicle can support your business and how it can increase efficiency and streamline your systems and workflows by speaking with one of our experts.