As a part of Chronicle's Java Developer Support, you will work together with highly talented colleagues from around the world. Our culture encourages Java developers who would like to support our open-source projects and client projects, mostly based on low latency and high throughput solutions for the fintech industry.
Please submit your CV and cover letter in English.
In this role, you will be part of our highly skilled Java Developer Support team.
- Develop in Java with various tasks both on our open and closed source code, as well as working on client projects.
- Write detailed technical documentation, and periodically create public articles for market-leading outlets, such as DZone.
- Interact with the development community by doing technical presentations and contributing to Stack Overflow.
- Support our highly experienced developer clients.
Competencies: To be successful in this role you should:
- Have more than 10 years of Java developer experience.
- Have very strong core Java knowledge, including low-level: multithreading, NIO sockets, ByteBuffers, direct access to memory (Unsafe), ability to write efficient code in a garbage-free style.
- Have a very high standard in English, both written and spoken.
- Have good knowledge of how OS/hardware works: virtual memory, file I/O, caching, memory mapped-files, TCP/IP sockets.
- Being familiar with Maven and Git.
- Be results-driven, self-organised, thrive in a development environment that is agile, and be collaborative.
Nice To Have
- Investment Banking experience
Why Join Chronicle?
Chronicle develops groundbreaking low-latency middleware solutions which are used as key infrastructure components within the fintech industry. Our goal is to help companies to achieve the minimum possible latency and the best possible performance. A lot of our solutions are open-source and hence, many of your contributions will be publicly visible.
Peter Lawrey, CEO, and founder is a Java champion. He has one of the top numbers of answers for Java and JVM on StackOverflow.com (~13K).
We pride ourselves on being a highly skilled team.